Wild Dog Fence
Corner Country History
Its the longest structure in the world, a single fence over more than 5000 kilometres in length.
Originally built in the 1890s to help control the enormous rabbit population which was devastating huge areas of inland and regional Australia, the Wild Dog Fence was converted to a dingo fence in 1914. It stretches from Nambour in the east to the Indian Ocean in the west.
There are several locations where the fence is visible to travellers; Cameron Corner, west of Tiboburra, Warri Gate to the north of Tibooburra, and at various locations south of the Hawker Gate Road. Driving adjacent to most sections of the fence is not possible.
Access roads are for Wild Dog Board staff only.